Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Teaser Tuesday (9)

 


Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading. Anyone can play along! Just do the following:
• Grab your current read(s)
• Open to a random page
• Share two (2) -- or more -- “teaser” sentences from somewhere on that page
• BE CAREFUL NOT TO INCLUDE SPOILERS! (make sure that what you share doesn’t give too much away! You don’t want to ruin the book for others!)

"I held hands with a boy only once before, and it was an uncomfortable experience, like an alien attached itself to my body, and I couldn't wait for it to let go.
This was different. Effortless. Like my hand belonged in his."
page 145, Prodigal by Rektok Ross

"What's stupid is not that I'm going to try and protect you," Wolf said, pulling his focus back down to her. "What's stupid is that I almost believe it will make a difference."
page 271, Scarlet by Marissa Meyer 

"I was the proudest man alive the day Dora married me. We were never lucky enough to be blessed with children, so she's been my everything for more than sixty years. She is more than just my guiding light." Gabe placed the speech down slowly and raised his eyes to Marla's. "She is the rock that this lighthouse stands on."
location 3416, Undertaking Love by Kat French

"Get a grip. You ran through Invertary half naked and strutted your stuff on a catwalk. This is nothing."
"I'm wearing a skirt. It isn't nothing. Englishmen don't wear skirts. It's the reason we had an empire. It's the reason Scotland is part of the UK. Real men don't wear skirts."
location 4649, Lingerie Wars by Janet Elizabeth Henderson

No comments:

Post a Comment